Share what inspires you!
Accepting Proposals October 1 - November 1, 2017
Before you submit your proposal review the following:
- Review the Festival’s mission statement. Please note that events are free. Mission Statement.
- Discover what to expect by visiting these videos:
- Review dates, presentation types, and venues below to decide the right format for you.
- Review presenter benefits and responsibilities.
- Prepare your event details (presentation type, date/time preferences, catchy title, descriptions on how you will engage visitors, …)
- This is one of our few "musts": All presenters must read presentation tips (required) and Expo presenters must view Philly Expo video.
To Submit Your Proposal:
- Complete the proposal form. Click here to submit your proposal.
- Check your email for a notification we have received your proposal. If you do not receive one, check your Spam folder. If you do not receive an email from the Science Festival it means we did not receive your proposal. Please try again.
- Proposals will be reviewed in early December. A second email will be sent notifying you of your proposal acceptance.
- If your proposal is accepted, congratulations! Use our tools and templates to plan and promote your event.
- Enjoy sharing science with your visitors!
- If you have questions about your event/presentation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-1451
Types of Events/Presentations:
- Tours/Open Houses
- Hands-on activities
Present at venues including:
- Expo Day on MSU's East Lansing Campus or at MSU Detroit
- Museums across the state
- Science Café/Pub events across the state
Festival Dates: April 6 - 22, 2018
- April 7: East Lansing Expo Day
- April 14: MSU Tour Day
- April 15: Detroit Expo Day
- April 20: Statewide Astronomy Night
- April 6 - 22: Nights at the Museums
- April 6 - 22: Science Cafe/Pub Nights
- Meet National Science Foundation (NSF) requirements for broader impact
- Reach new audiences
- Develop and practice communication skills
- Generate excitement for STEAM fields
Festival Theme: ….To the Future and Back!
This year's theme was inspired by The Jetson’s cartoon set in the year 2062... we are now closer to that imagined world of flying cars and helpful robots than when it premiered in 1962! This piqued our curiosity: what predictions came true? How far have we come? What is your research like in the present, and what will the future look like? Feel free to be inspired by the theme if it works for your presentation.